Go to content Go to navigation Go to search

Welcome!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

This is Roz's blog for knitting and related craftsy creative activities. I've thought about a knitting blog for a while, but there are a couple of circumstances that jump-started me at this time.

First, as you can see here, I have more time to knit than I thought I would.

Second, I am contributing to the noble efforts of Laura Spradlin of El Dorado, Kansas to provide assistance to the residents of Greenburg, KS whose residences were flattened in the May 4, 2007 tornado. Her initiative is called Rebuilding Greensburg Block by Block. She invites us of the knitting and crocheting persuasion to contribute 8" afghan squares that she (and what army?) will then assemble into afghans for Greensburg residents. Hurray for you, Laura. I'll do my best to swamp you with work.

Having exhausted my yarn remnants in this effort, I've contacted a number of generous yarn retailers over the last week or so who have agreed to donate wool yarn that I can knit into squares. I want to use this blog to both thank them and provide notes on my progress.

N.B. Besides the foot fracture, a consequence of my fall was the demise of my digital camera. Until it's replaced, I'll try taking photos of my work with my phone, but for a while, my descriptions of work in progress might have to do.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Be careful! As a fellow-multiple blog woman, I await your next step in the natural progression of things as a podcast. :-D

June 14, 2007 at 1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home